LGBT+ Allies Staff Network
In February 2020, the Service launched an LGBT+ Allies Staff Network to create a forum to help promote and foster an inclusive working environment for LGBT+ staff and to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues.
Membership is open to all staff who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual* and Trans**, alongside LGBT+ allies/supporters. It is open to all staff who wish to support the advancement of LGBT+ inclusion.
The group is unified around the following aims;
- To promote the interests and issues of LGBT+ staff employed at Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- To identify ways of challenging discrimination and stereotyping among colleagues, stakeholders and services.
- To work towards the elimination of unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation, homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying.
The Network meets every six weeks and is open to all staff who wish to join the conversation on LGBT+ inclusion. We value the opportunity to engage and develop positive initiatives that raises awareness and continues to embed the inclusion agenda.
If you wish to contact the Network group, please email: LGBTnetwork@bedsfire.gov.uk
Please note, emails are read in confidence by our Network Chairs only.
- *Bisexual in this context acts as an umbrella term to include those who identify with other terms such as queer, pansexual etc.
- **Trans in this context acts as an umbrella term to include those who identify as non-binary and gender fluid.