PUBLIC NOTICE 04 June 2021
BEDFORDSHIRE FIRE AND RESCUE AUTHORITY AUDIT AND INSPECTION OF ACCOUNTS 2020/21
NOTICE OF THE DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
Notice is hereby given that the accounts of Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, in respect of the financial year ended 31 March 2021, will be available for public inspection as set out below:
- Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available giving two full days’ notice on application to the person in paragraph 2 below.
Local Government Electors and their representatives have rights to:
- question the auditor about the accounts; and
- object to the accounts for any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor and a copy sent to the Authority.
The Auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose.
- Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts:
Title: Service Assurance Manager
Address: Southfields Road, Kempston, Bedford, MK42 7NR
The unaudited Statement of Accounts will be available on the authority’s website www.bedsfire.com from 4th June 2020. A copy of the unaudited accounts can be viewed on application to the Service Assurance Manager at the above address, between 9.00am and 4.30pm on weekdays between 4th June 2021 and 16th July 2021.
- Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the Auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days:
Commencing on: Friday 4th June 2021
and ending on: Wednesday 16th July 2021
- Your appointed Auditor is:
Neil Harris, Associate Partner
Ernst & Young LLP, 400 Capability Green, Luton, Beds. LU1 3LU
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and the special powers of auditors, copies of the publication ‘Council Accounts - A Guide to Your Rights’ are available from the National Audit Office website.