Individuals and organisations affected by an incident that was attended by Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) can request the following:
• A "confirmation of attendance" letter which provides evidence that the service attended an incident that affected you. This is available for all types of incidents and is free.
• A "fire report" which, for fires that involve buildings, vehicles, or those that cause injuries, provides more details about the incident and the cause of the fire where known. There is a charge for this report, which is currently £78.
To request an incident report, please email email@example.com or write a letter to Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, Southfields Road, Kempston, Bedfordshire, MK42 7NR.
Your request should include:
• Your full name
• Your contact details (email and day-time telephone number)
• If applicable, a company email signature/letterhead
• Why you need the report
• Information about the incident to help us identify it (usually the date, time and full address where it took place including a postcode) or a BFRS incident number, if you have been provided with one
• Payment of £78 made payable to "Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Authority". (Payment can also be made by BACS; bank details will be provided once your request has been received.)
Incident reports are not available under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) as this is a chargeable service, exempt from disclosure under section 21 of the FOIA – i.e. Information accessible to applicant by other means.