Why Join Us
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue service has been operating for over 35 years supporting the community and evolving as the county has.
When joining the service in any of our roles, you are joining an inclusive organisation that support and develop our teams to allow them to provide outstanding service to the communities we serve
- Holiday allowance of 25 days* (plus public holidays) on joining; increasing to 29 days* after 5 years' service and 31 days after 10 years' service (pro rota if part time or irregular working pattern).
- Local Government Pension Scheme (CARE) with life cover and survivor’s pension
- Employee-friendly policies including flexible working, parental leave, special leave, and career breaks.
- Continued professional development with formal paid qualifications in many roles
- Free access to our onsite gym facilities
- Flexi-time scheme (for most roles) to support your work-life balance, including flexible start and finish times, variable lunch breaks and flexi-leave days.
- Subsidised canteen facilities and free onsite parking.
- Funded Ride to work scheme
- Discounts with third parties including Go Outdoors and Frankie & Benny's. (including access to apply for a Blue light card and Vivup employee scheme)
- Discounts with third parties through our partnership groups
- Employee Assistance Programme providing free and confidential advice and information on work and personal matters.
- Long service award after 25 years' local government employment throughout Bedfordshire.
See our Vacancies
To see all current vacancies, click here. If you can't see the role you are looking for, register your interest by clicking on the button at the top of this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you would like to know how BFRS can support you in our Recruitment process or have any further questions, click here.