Watch Manager Transfers
If you are an operational firefighter or middle manager looking for a leadership opportunity in a fire and rescue service with a great reputation and a strong track record of visible leadership and delivering positive outcomes for our communities then Bedfordshire could be for you.
Applications are invited from
- Substantive and Competent Watch Commanders who are working a Wholetime Duty System, and who are currently serving with a UK Fire Authority, holding an Incident Command Level 1 or equivalent qualification to transfer to Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service onto a wholetime duty system. The shift pattern is a 24 hour on-duty shift followed by 72 hours off, or a day duty system as applicable to role.
- Substantive and Competent Watch Commanders Control, who are working a Control System, and who are currently serving with a UK Fire Authority to transfer to Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service onto a control duty system. The shift pattern is based on an average of 42 hours per week, based on 2 day, 2 nights on-duty shift followed by 4 rest days.
Applicants should have successfully completed a Foundation training course for a wholetime firefighter position if applying for an operational grey book post.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate on the application form that they meet all the essential criteria on the relevant personnel specification. Candidates on transfer will be expected to hold relevant IFE qualifications or equivalent.
We are looking for individuals who possess the following personal qualities:
- Keen to contribute to a safer community
- Committed to equality and fairness
- An understanding of their role with regards to health, safety and welfare.
- Effective team member
- Effective and confident communicator
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to undertaking new initiatives.
Applicants must also demonstrate our Service values.
Successful candidates will be required to serve at any community fire station in the Service or within our Control at Headquarters, Kempston as applicable to the post.
You will be required to gain Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) clearance and pass a Service Medical before appointment will be offered.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service is an equal opportunities employer that welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People and all staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Our selection process includes an interview, and Level 1 Incident Command assessment (as applicable), and these take place at regular stages through the year. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted with details and dates.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a probationary period of 6 months and will also be required to satisfactorily complete an Acknowledgement of Skills Programme.
Salary in line with National pay scales.
An application form and Applicant Pack - On Transfer can be found below.
Completed application forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org