Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service – CRMP Consultation Privacy Notice
Date issued: August 2021
This privacy notice tells you about how Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service will process the personal information collected in connection with our Community Risk Management Plan (CRMP) Consultation.
Who we are and what we do
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service provides a Fire and Rescue Service to the communities of Bedfordshire as required under the Fire Service Act (2004).
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Our Data Controller is Chief Fire Officer Andrew Hopkinson; our Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) is Assistant Chief Officer Gavin Chambers and our Data Protection Officer is Jolene Neil. They can be contacted as follows:
Data Protection Officer for Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Jolene Neil Information Governance Manager Beds/Herts/Cambs Police
Bedfordshire Police Headquarters Woburn Road Kempston Bedford MK43 9AX
Data Controller for Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Andrew Hopkinson Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service Southfields Road Kempston Bedford MK42 7NR
Senior Information Risk Owner
Gavin Chambers Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service Southfields Road Kempston Bedford MK42 7NR
The relevant laws
Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) is committed to protecting your personal data and privacy. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously and understand how important your personal data is. To be able to meet our obligations under the Fire and Rescue Services Act (2004), the Civil Contingencies Act (2004) and other legislation it is necessary for us to process your personal information under the lawful basis of ‘public task’ and ‘official authority'. This means we process your personal information for carrying out tasks that are laid down in. Any personal information you provide us with will be processed (collected, stored, amended, disclosed and destroyed) in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2021 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who will see the data?
The data collected will be processed by Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service Staff, who will analyse the data and report the findings in a way that anonymise individual respondents. The finding of the survey will be publicly available and reported to the Fire and Rescue Authority.
How long we keep the data
We will retain your personal information as long as is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which it is processed. The Service manages data retention through our data retention schedule, which sets out how long data will be stored. More information is available on request email@example.com
What are my rights?
Under the DPA (2018) you have several statutory rights relating to your own personal data:
- The right of access - Individuals have the right to access and receive a copy of their personal data, and other supplementary information This is commonly referred to as a subject access request or ‘SAR’.
- The right to be informed this places an obligation upon Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service to tell you how we obtain your personal information and describe how we will use, retain, store and who we may share it with. We have written this privacy notice to explain how we will use your personal information and tell you what your rights are under the legislation.
- The right to rectification - you have the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected
- The right to object - you have the right to object to us using your information, and we would have to stop unless we have a legally sound overriding reason to continue
- The right to erasure, restrict processing and portability - in specific circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted, to put limits on what we may do with it or to receive a copy in machine-readable form to take to another organisation
- There are also specific legal rights relating to automated decision.
- If we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, if we are processing your personal data for performance of a contract we will not be relying on consent.
- If you have any queries about Data Protection or want to know more about how we handle your personal data please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org