Fireworks and Bonfire Night
We would always recommend attending a organised display rather than doing your own fireworks, as this greatly reduces the risk of harm.
If you are organising a fireworks display at your home :
- Store fireworks in a sealed box
- Do not drink alcohol if setting off fireworks
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Stand well back when the firework has been lit and ensure others are far back as well
- Never go back to a firework that has already been lit
- Keep a bucket of water nearby
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them
- Keep pets indoors
If you are using sparklers, make sure you wear gloves and have a bucket of water nearby to put them in when you have finished. Never let children use sparklers unaccompanied.