Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service’s Staff Values Awards Night
BFRS Staff Values Awards Night 2022
Yesterday evening, Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) held their Staff Values Awards Night at Mitchell Hall, Cranfield to recognise those that have gone over and above to support the Service over the last couple of years.
The BFRS Staff Values Awards is the first celebratory event since the pandemic where Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Authority members and employees gathered together. On the night, we were joined by special guests including; Mrs Helen Nellis, Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, Lady Jane Clifford, the High Sheriff of Bedfordshire and Cllr John Chatterley.
There were nine award categories in total, with four of them linking into the BFRS’s values.
- The Team Award - We Are Accountable
- The Inclusion Award – We’ve Got Your Back
- The Customer Service Award – Every Contact Counts
- The Innovation Award – We Dare To Be Different
- The Cadet Award – The Chris Page Award
- The Partnership Award
- The Paul Fuller Charity Award
- Commendation Awards – Sponsored by Motorola
- The Value Ambassador Award – Chief's Award
Chief Fire Officer, Andrew Hopkinson said “Our BFRS Values Awards 2022, was a great opportunity to recognise the outstanding work and achievements made by individuals and teams across the Service. The necessary restrictions imposed by the pandemic delayed our preparations to celebrate so many wonderful successes over the years. However, we finally got to commemorate those who have gone above and beyond to move our Fire Service forward, and to help us on our Mission to deliver these services to our local community.
“It was fantastic to see so many families, friends, and colleagues of those receiving awards on the evening. I would like to take this moment to personally thank Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant of Bedfordshire, for all her work across Bedfordshire and personal support to Bedfordshire Fire and Rescue Service. Congratulations and very well done to all our award winners.”
- The Team Award – Covid Support Team
- The Inclusion Award – CC Dave Lynas
- The Customer Service Award – The BFRS Falls Team
- The Innovation Award – Year 2 Project Team
- The Cadet Award – Keown Seldon
- The Partnership Award – Jordanna Simpson
- The Paul Fuller Charity Award – Richard Hart
- Commendation Awards – WCc Rachel Pothecary
- The Value Ambassador Award – The Mobilising Implementation Team
For more on the BFRS Staff Values Awards Night, check out the BFRS social media pages.